View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:28 AM
pollyjvan9

Default Zendoodle (art quilt?) Table Runner

I have been practicing zendoodles on some leaves and because I have been watching the Art Quilt Challenge I decided to make an "art quilt" wallhanging. I have been trying to post on the Art Quilt Challenge thread and for some reason it just will not work, so I thought I would post it here.

I highlighted the zendoodles with gold Lumiere paint because I didn't choose thread with a high enough contrast. Wendy, Susan and Linda asked how I did this, I really can't tell you that. I have been looking at sites and utube for the last week or so and practicing on paper until I got brave enough to try the FMQ. Surprisingly it was easier than I thought. Maybe because I am FMQing much slower and smaller than I usually do. Anyway, here is one of the papers I practiced on and photos of the wallhanging.

PS: I really like the Lumiere paints. Bought them last year at a quilt show but had never used them!
Attached Thumbnails zendoodle-practice-sheet-7-2012.jpeg   zen-orange-leaf-w-gold-paint.jpeg   zentangle-purple-leaf-detail-6-2012.jpeg   zen-art-quilt-w-gold-paint.jpeg