Thread: Dog lovers
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
quiltsRfun

I've had two mutts and two beagles. Loved them all. The first mutt was by far the best tempered and easiest to train. Tell her once and she had it. She hated being scolded. She was definitely my dog and followed me wherever I went. No shedding but she had long hair and needed to be groomed frequently. First beagle was stubborn and determined to have things her way. When scolded she would talk back. With all her quirks we loved her dearly. Second beagle is more mellow and a real sweetheart. Loves nothing more than to be petted and snuggled. Second mutt (beagle Jack Russel mix) is very energetic and loving and a great escape artist. She loves to run and it's difficult to catch her when she gets out. Although she's six years old she acts like a pup. Beagles and JR mix both shed a lot but I knew that when we got them. If you're looking for a dog, study your breeds to make sure you're getting a good fit. And don't forget that you can get pure breeds as rescue dogs. They make great pets. Three of ours were rescues.