View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Great n2scraplvr, have you posted any photos of your microwave project?
Yes, here's a pic for ya, posted sometime last year, (oops -- 2 yrs. ago) this was the piece that went in the microwave for 1 min. and it set the paint so I didn't have to set it with an iron and a cloth over it:

I handpainted this Rose Trellis border at the same time I marbelized the fabrics for my last mini, Spiky Poppies. I found an orphan block that will look great with this border. The border I painted the entire 22" length so I'll be able to use bits of it for another mini border! I haven't painted the fine details of the roses yet, but just may leave it as is since the scale needs to be right for the mini. I really am having fun with the painting part and it's a nice change to do a border first and then pick out a block or design a mini from it. Hope you like my projects. Tangled Star is also known as Birthday Star. I'll include a picture of the block for you to see how it looks in 3 colors. Can't remember where I found this. Thanks for looking! :-D

close up

here's more of the strip showing my color wash

Do you like my mini roses? Btw, Linda, 4 of my minis @AAQI sold last week! I'm so excited!!! n2

Last edited by n2scraplvr; 07-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.