View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:17 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by supermommaloha View Post
As a fluke I came across your question "Is anyone else a Hawaiian Fabric Whore?" or something like that (haha!)..sorry if I offended anyone, but that is what my family - OHANA - calls me! I have been collecting Vintage Hawaiian Fabrics for over 30 years now. I started doing Hawaiian Quilting using these fabrics and it takes up a lot of my time (about 6 months or so, to make ONE) but it's worth it. I am just about the only quilter in the family (of my generation) and have been making baby quilts for every newborn since 1985 when my Grandmother died...Because I've come to the time in my life that my siblings and cousins are leaving this world to go into the next, I have started to make lap quilts for the surviving children or grandchildren out of their old Hawaiian Shirts or fabrics from my collection. How do I show you the photos? Mahalo! Robyn

Kailani's Baby Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173387[/ATTACH]

Cody's Baby Quilt -Born March 21,2011 Made using a Hawaiian Shirt that was his Grandpa's (my cousin) who passed away last year. This is without the borders or quilting. Pattern called SIDELINES 2009 by Debbie Bowles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173390[/ATTACH]
Love your pink quilt! would you kindly share where you got pattern?