Thread: Dog lovers
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 PM
momto5

I've had some great pups, nearly all pure-bred poodles until I finally figured out that, if we bred them and they stayed at our house until they were eight weeks old, they never left! I think my all-time favorite was a silver named Fibbre (he NEVER told the truth about anything!) who has been gone for a few years now; my second favorite one is a rescue part-poodle and part ? named DJ....I tease the kids all the time and tell them that my husband lives on in DJ...really, it's uncanny. He guards me as though I were the next queen of the world and will NOT allow me any contact with the "strange" males in my life: he's got the poor UPS guy and the Fed Ex guy so cowed they won't bring the packages in to the house, they leave them on the porch. And if (Heaven forbid!) a strange man happens to come in (usually a GS he hasn't seen in awhile...) he lays on the floor between the fellow and me and keeps his eyes on him. So yes, I have had it all...from pure-breeds to rescues and I have loved them all! If we weren't bound by county requirements, I'd have twenty more than I have just to keep them safe. And by the way, DJ tops out at an astounding 17 pounds...! Gotta love them pups!