View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 AM
AshleyR

Well, I hate to admit it, but put me on the Fungi list (which sounds way cooler said out loud than written). Night before last, my big toe was hurting to beat the band. I couldn't walk on it, and it woke me up several times. I took my polish off, and there is a big yellow "stain" on my toenail. I don't get it, either, because I wear open toe shoes all the time! Seriously, haven't had socks on in months! At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, that it wasn't a fungus, but I covered the nail with a band-aid and went to work yesterday. Luckily, the pain has subsided. It was bad. My whole toe was radiating heat and it was red and "angry-looking". I put some Neosporin on it (because I was at work, and that's all we had) and checked on it a few hours later, and it looked like a fungus. It's little, but it's there. When I got home, I cut the nail down as low as I could and soaked a rag in vinegar and taped it to my toe. When I went to bed, I put vicks in there as much as I could and rubbed it in the nail. It does look better today. I have another vinegar-soaked rag on it this morning (it's my sewing pedal foot too!!!). I have a pool party later today but I'm skipping the swimming I'm trying to keep this tootsie as dry as I can when it's not being heavily medicated! I'm hoping to catch it while it's still young and kill it dead dead dead. The vinegar stung when I first put it on there last night, but not so much today. Yay!! I'll have to get a big emory board and some listerine when I go out.

I always thought "Fungus Among Us" would be a good name for a punk band!