Old 07-14-2012, 05:59 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Sounds like a real fun time indeed ... thanks for the run down on what all happens. Good deal on the $6 per block kits. Looks like they get a lot more fabric than is needed for just one block too! So a really good deal just to get the kits. I can see the merit in your role as a registrar and greeter ... It's so nice to be welcomed and given direction when you go into a shop. During a hop it's even more important as oft times we are new to the shop and don't know what they feature or where things are kept. Plus any of the extras that are set up for the Hop.
I've gone into shops during hops where yes, the staff are far too busy, and then they forget to stamp the passports or get people's names in the lucky draws. I'm sure you were busy with all your things to do at your desk! Good for you for volunteering and making it a better experience for all!

I'm heading off shortly to my two "local" LQS' in the Hop that's on now. Will tell you more about it when I come back,

This is only the 2nd year for this group, so it was pretty basic first time out. This time they have an exclusive batik line (for six months) of four fabrics with a trillium design. It's been selling well pre-Hop and I know a lot of the shops have already re-ordered. I'm looking forward to seeing the sample each store has created for inspiration for mine. I like the fabric, though I have no clue what I want to do with it.