Old 07-14-2012, 06:36 AM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Hello everyone! I am behind a few pages, but need to ask a question of you Necchi fans - what does this machine do? Straight stitch and zig zag? I don't have, nor have I ever owned a Necchi! I am looking for a machine for my granddaughter in a small cabinet! She needs one she can sit down and sew on at her house without having to drag out her portable machine! I really would like to find her a Pfaff 1222!
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/3138053510.html

I really want her to have a machine with some decoratice stitches - especially the triple stitch as she is always hemming jeans or making jeans into shorts! I may just give her a 401a, but I am afraid she will lose the cams! I'd rather she had a nice vintage machine that has everything built in!

Nancy
Nancy; That is a beautiful machine and a terrific cabinet. Yes the Necchis of that vintage only do zigzag and straight stitch but they are workhorses and I love both of mine. I would still think about it for her because you can get the rolled hemmer feet, at least one of mine came with one, for them and they do make wonderful hems. Hope this helps.