View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:17 AM
borntoquilt

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have gone to our local Joanns only to come out empty handed. What I want is usually already ON SALE but what I find MOST disturbing is their fabric has just gotten plain UGLY! A few days ago I was in looking for backing for a SCRAPPY (you'd think I could something to go with SCRAPPY, right?) charity quilt. Most of the fabric was what I would call (back in the 60's) MOD. These bold florals with lots of bright colors are just not for me.... Plus they have a whole wall of solid colors.... I like lots of texture in my fabrics so solid do not do it for ME!! I usually end up buying my spray glue w/50% cause they never put THAT on sale.... I too, end up passing out my coupons to other customers. I always ask that if they can't use to pass them on before they leave the store. Wish I could hand out my IPHONE coupons.... OH WELL! Coupons DO get us in the door!! I just find I haven't bought anything there in a long time...... plus the store is a mess!!! I do like the manager and the clerks are friendly. But that doesn't put a backing on my quilt!! lol !!!