View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by Linny View Post
ghostrider- thanks for the info and I like the "syringe art"......still looking for a bleach pen..none at the big grocery store where I shop.
Bleach pens are my LEAST favorite way of discharge dyeing. They're too much like those big huge crayons that two year olds use. I find the possibilities somewhat limited with them and go with other options.

I like straight bleach because it leaves no 'halo' (like in the photo I posted), and it's ideal for spraying over a mask of leaves, washers, keys, whatever you want (great for shadow quilts). I also use Soft Scrub and/or Cascade, both with bleach. They're thicker, more clingy, and work well with things like potato mashers, coil wisks, cookie cutters, syringes, bubble wrap, rubber stamps, stencils, squeeze bottles with fine hole metal caps, toothbrushes, food (!), and pretty much anything you can make a mark with.

I also really want to try deColourant and deColourant Plus, but haven't gotten around to ordering any yet. I've been trying to get Dick Blick to stock it since that's where I get most of my toys, but we'll have to wait and see. You'd think they'd be quicker to please a third generation customer wouldn't you? teehee