Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 AM
MacThayer

Let's see, two things have changed really. One is that things have been financially very tight, so I've been quilting out of my stash. That's been a real eye opener, not just because of the size of my stash, which is very decent, but because my stash is finite. I've been forced to consider choices I would never have dreamed of putting together before, and guess what? They not only worked, but some of them worked brilliantly! I would say I've learned more about color choices, value, hue, and putting it all together in the last few months, than I have to date, no exaggeration! No more relying on the "tried and true". I have been propelled into the circle of "edgy color choices". And I'm loving it! What fun! It has kept my "unsewing tool" busy at times, because the colors don't always work when put together, but hey, that's just part of the fun. No risk, no gain.

Also, a dear friend gave me a series of Craftsy courses to take on line, which have kept me very busy, and I'm learning a lot. She was very sneaky and pretended her sister had become interested in quilting, and Oh, by the way, would I go over what I thought were the most important courses to take? Of course I did, unwittingly. Then I forwarded to her the site when all of the courses went on the most incredible sale. The next thing I knew, I had 6 courses to complete, and a complete Happy Birthday song on my answering machine! Sometimes it amazes me how generous people can be.