Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 AM
fktsewing

Lightbulb You have got to try this vs clamps or tape.

I cannot use clamps on my dining room table to hold my quilt backing down, because it has a 3 inch piece of decorative wood on all the sides. Taping with painters tape or masking tape won't stick on the underneath
part of the table due it's age of over 100 years, so I have come up with a brand new idea.
I got this inspiration from the elastic clips that you can buy for the bottom of an ironing board to hold the cover
on tight. You can buy a package of them, or Hobby Lobby has the clips, 2 to a pkg in the sewing dept. I then
measured the width of the table and deducted 4 inches from that measurement and cut a piece of elastic that
length and sewed each end to a clip. I then did the same thing for the length of the table. I fold the extra edge
over once on each side of the fabric back and clip it, then pull it under the table and do the same on the other
side. I have 2 elastic clippers for the width and 2 for the length. It works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The table
does not get scratched or damaged and it holds the backing fabric nice and taught. Sew simple and cost was
under $10.00.