View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Jenniky

Nursie good to know she is resting comfortably in a hotel room near the hospital. I will keep the healing thoughts for her coming though.

I have been busy working on my FMQ Mat and I thought I would share my progress. I have to say this is my best yet. Im going to put a binding on it and look onto what design I want to try next. I spent about an hour practicing my flower making without lifting the pen. Then I took a deep breath and went for it. Ok include another 30 min. to adjust the machine and make sure it was set properly. I made a small 4 x 4 practice square to practice that on until I got everything right then I moved on to my Practice Mat.. haha... I found that I did my best if I stopped ...needle down... right before I went into making my flower. I tried doing a series of flowers continuously. I was ok with two in a row but when I tried to do three I felt taxed. I was trying to move all over the quilt square without turning the block itself. As if I had a large quilt in front of me and not able to move and turn as easy as I would be able to turn the mat size square in front of me. I think this is really good practice. Was a suggestion from my video class. Time for an ice cream treat and then back to sewing.

Here is a picture of the front of the Mat and then a close up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349005[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349006[/ATTACH]

And this is the back... I had blue in top and white in bobbin.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349007[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails julystuff-015.jpg   julystuff-016.jpg   julystuff-017.jpg