Old 07-14-2012, 12:22 PM
TOOMANYUFO'S

I kind of know what Krystyna feels like. We have waited all year for our lobsterfishing season to start, only to have it backfire in our faces. The lobster prices are so low ( $1.50 lb ) that the boats are all tied up(except for a few strike breakers). There have been days we couldn't even sell them. We need those lobsters sold to get us thru the winter months. The spring lobsters didn't trap very well, so both the spring lobsters and summer lobsters have all shed and shed extremely early. I have never seen so many lobsters. We are waiting for a couple of processing plants to reopen, that may help. I had a bright idea, we would fish a few traps to get some to eat. No way is what I was told! If the other fishermen see us hauling any traps, they will think we are breaking the tie up or strike. Sometimes it can get dirty. I guess in some areas they have threatened to cut off traps and who knows what might happen to boats. So the lobsters win! They will shed and move back off shore. Guess what my SP is getting! lol ,(NOT), I just remembered I can't haul traps for any reason, so if I can't eat them, then guess sp won't be getting any either, lol. Of course, when we sell again for a cheap price I could eat them, but the bills have to be paid some how. Sorry for venting about my troubles. Things will get better, I hope!