View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:05 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hello All!!

Nursie .. Best wishes for your DD. I'm sure she only wishes she could have her Mom with her when she's not well , so it's nice that the two of you can be in touch via phone, at the least! Let's hope the reports in a few hours, come back with answers.

Jenniky ... You're doing a great job!!! The LAQ I use told me a hint ... it's only wrong if you do it once. So if a goof happens, you find a way to work it into the design as a repeat! YOur flowers are looking great, and remember, nothing in nature is perfect or repetitious, so don't worry about it being bang out identical from one to the other. Good idea to not twist the small pieces as you won't be able to do that so easily with a larger quilt. Another thing to consider, is the drag you'll get with a larger quilt. If you can get tables set up to hold it to the left and behind the machine, it will help. I need to change my tables around to give that support.

JR is going to have the most stylish potty pads in doggy-land! I have a hard time doing "practice" pieces, so it's nice when you fan find uses for the work.

You gave me an idea though, to join the practice pieces together for a quilt which then could be a practice for the QAYG sashing method. I think those would be a challenge to get them all lined up square and straight. And as I've gone around to quilt shops and seen samples, I've seen some terrible mis-matches. So my mind wonders? did they not pay attention to detail? Or is it not an easy task?

JeanieG ... Sounds like you have a lovely spot to camp at your friend's!! Any great finds at her LQS?

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.