View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 06:27 PM
amandasgramma

I just got more info from friend that was there..... I asked her if she got wet. Here's her answer:

" Pant legs mostly. A little damp when if first started raining, then it quit, started again and got worse from there. At one point we were walking up a side street back to the main drag and a bolt of lightning came down that was not
Pant legs mostly. A little damp when if first started raining, then it quit, started again and got worse from there. At one point we were walking up a side street back to the main drag and a bolt of lightning came down that was not more than a block from us and it was in an open area. I saw the streak from sky to ground. My ankle and feet hurt but let me tell you, did I move after that. Went to the stichen post hoping to get a bag but they were out. Oh well no sovenier"

Another post from her said the fire dept. got in immediatly and started taking down the quilts that were on the high building. Volunteers jumped in and immediately started taking down quilts. Another friend e-mailed me that she was having a hard time leaving Sisters to get to Bend --- traffic jams!!