Old 07-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Yes! They have a website and (supposedly, anyway) change their coupons once a month:
http://www.srharrisfabric.com/ . I haven't seen a coupon for batiks (60% off) in a long time, though.

Regardless of coupons, all fabrics are 50% of marked price. It is a huge warehouse with fabrics of many different types, not just quilting cottons. They have quite a few Timeless Treasures batiks on rolls, and I have found extra-wide batik backing fabrics there. They also have a lot of novelty and children's cottons, plus dressmaking fabrics.

It is a cut-your-own-fabric place! You do have to find an employee to cut for you if you want more than 5 yards of a fabric, or for silk fabric (look for the signs that tell you the limits). Otherwise you are expected to measure and cut your own fabrics. For each fabric you create an adhesive sticker with #yards and posted price per yard (they take 50% off everything automatically at the cashier's desk).

The prices used to be a lot better when it was owned by the elderly native New York guy (from the garment district). A few years ago he sold it to what appear to be a couple of younger Russian owners. The recession hasn't helped. Anyway, the last time I went there (sometime last year) the Timeless Treasure batiks were marked $14/yard, which at 50% off amounted to $7/yard.