Old 01-26-2008, 12:23 PM
barnbum

I out grew my old ladder--it's an antique given to me by my son one Mother's Day. I think he was 16 and had his antique business then. It holds strips from my Talk-About-Quilts, my log cabins, a wall hanging I just finished for Christmas, and now strips for the barn quilt's log cabin border, which I just cut out this morning. I have been doubling things up to make room. I mentioned to my husband this morning that I sure could use another ladder someday...and he said he thought there was still one in the barn! My son is 20 now and recently sold most the rest of his antiques to a dealer. We didn't know if the ladder had gone or not.

It was still here!! :D :!: :D

I text my son to ask if he had any plans for it and he said it's all mine!! Mark cut it to fit the room and all it needs is a few more wipe downs before I drape muslin over the rungs. It'll take some time to organize everything again--but I'm excited to have this!! The rungs are even wider than the first one! :D

My sewing room is tiny--and getting crowded. but, it's cozy and I don't have to walk far to get something. :wink:

Old ladder--full of strips! I put many on the bottom rung to make room. To the right is the new ladder!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5798[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-5798.jpe   attachment-51432.jpe   attachment-51436.jpe