Thread: Dog lovers
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 AM
nycquilter

My favorite is a Kuvasz though I am not nearly dominant enough to parent one. I think they are drop-dead gorgeous. If I am going to end up looking like my dog, I want to look like a Kuvasz. However, my other favorite breed is Labrador Retriever (aka Labradorables). I now have two as they love companionship. My last three were rescues (I lost one to breast cancer; she had been used as a breeder before going to a shelter for euthanization). My Maddy is the smartest dog I've ever had. She does nothing wrong because she wants us to be happy. We can even leave her in the car (of course not on a hot day) with steak and she won't touch it. She has a large vocabulary and she also speaks to me. If I don't understand what she wants, I'll ask her to say it differently and she does (goes from barking, say, to whining). If she were to have a tattoo, it would read "born to play." She loves swimming, especially playing "Maddy in the middle" where she swims back and forth between two people who are tossing her pool toy. She is also fabulous with other people. Sadly, she has a huge tumor in her abdomen (inoperable) and bladder, so I don't know how much longer she will be on this side of the rainbow bridge. She survived cancer 3-1/2 years ago and it's back.