Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 AM
romanojg

If at all possible I'd recommend buying from a dealer that offers free classes. I know that's not always easy to do depending on where you live or how much you can spend. My next advice is that when you go to sites like emblibrary.com and all the others check out thier free tutorials and projects. emblibrary also has kennys corner which has tutes on stabliziers, threads, fabrics,etc. I read everything. Even from machine sites, I have a Viking so of course I read what they have but other machine sites have tips on hooping, fabric, etc as well. Also, if you go to yahoo, they have a group for just about any machine you can buy. Join that group then you'll have help from people who use that machine. The basics of embroidery is the same but each machine has its own personality. If you get the chance take classes. I'm going to weekend class in October that I just heard about in Richmond VA, it's only $99 for two days, they supply everything, including use of the machines and you get a CD of designs from a designer that I've seen one of her quilt designs sell for $89 but it self. It's a good deal. If you need any help feel free to pm me and I'm sure there are lots of others that would love to help you. I'm still learning but I really love embroidering.