Thread: Dog lovers
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 AM
rainagade

When i was raising kids i raised Boxers. Babies and puppies it was. When I lost my last girl i tried a few puppies people were giving away. None of them worked out.

Then I found a mini Schnauzer! Now there is Max, Fritz and that ArkanSaSS Lizzie. She is my rescue puppy.
All three are very different.

Max is an aristocrat, bed decorator, and cringes when he does something wrong. His job is to keep our laps warm.
Fritz, is my D_O_GEE. A hunter, quiet, my fishing dog and constant companion. He has been sick a couple of years now. Beating all odds of his cancer. I cherish every day he is still with me.
ArkaSaSS Lizzie is a rescue from Arkansas. She arrived to cheer us all up with the cancer diagnosis of Fritz. She has done that and more. her favorite is Max, but heads outside with Fritz to cheer his hunting on. She is head strong and bit barky for us. She is the one who needs to be constantly reminded of what 'no barking" means. She knows, but pushes the issue. It took her only a few months to tell the boys she is Alpha around here.

I love the breed. No shedding, those family members who have allergies are not bothered by these guys. they are loyal, loving, and protect too. Great with the grands too. they love people and I frequently refer to them as my "Walmart greeters". They travel well too.

the downside, grooming. Especially x3. they have hair and not animal fur so they need grooming as much as you or I. Now I trim in between my professional groomer.

My DH said, one more dog and everyone moves out. So I guess I am stuck with three!