View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by bnlmom View Post
Thank goodness for call ID!-but if my husband gets one and it's for me, he says "Oh,she's dead". Gets them every time.
Whoa, he'd better be careful about that because someone might freeze your bank accounts. LOL!

Some types of calls are legal, no matter if you are on the do-not-call list or not. The law needs to be expanded because we are under a constant barrage from charities, politicians and credit card companies that don't identify themselves. I'm sure we are getting some calls that are not legal.

I read somewhere that if you specifically ask the caller to take your number off their list they are required to do so. I try to be polite because I understand how hard it must be to find yourself with no better option for employment than to take on this most reviled of jobs, but they do get horribly intrusive.

Someone somewhere at one time must have responded to one of these calls in a way that was productive for the company paying for it. If you're one of those, please cut it out!

My ritual is this: "I'm sorry, we do not respond to any form of phone solicitation. Please remove our number from your list. Goodbye." If it's a robo-call, I hang up immediately.