View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM
burchquilts

OMG! I finally got it done... even the back! And I got the binding made & rolled up for when it's quilted! Woo hoo! I had insomnia something firece last PM & tho I'm dragging my wagon today (or as my DS would say when he was little "I'm re-hausted!"... LOL), I finally got this (silly) Jelly Roll Race done. Yes, I've been working on it for what seems like eons & it just wouldn't do what I wanted it to but today I got the borders on & then took all the various left-over bits & pieces & pieced them into a backing. I whacked a couple of pieces off the quilt top itself (it was too wide for a lap-sized quilt) plus I had bought too much fabric (my theory is better too much than not enough) so I just sewed all that together along with some muslin & made it into the back ("The Back Garden"). The picture of it is the backing folded in 1/4ths. And yes, that's Leo "helping". Leo, who has never chewed up a single thing of ours since we got him, decided that Mommy sewing & not letting him sit on her lap was icky so he chewed 2 inches off my favorite styrofoam yardstick (which I've had since the beginning of time... anyboyd else have a favorite ruler?! Can you say spoiled? LOL!

My question is this... how do you think this quilt should be quilted? Since it's so busy & bright, I was thinking just rather loose stipples or loops or something that kind of flowed. Do you think that would be OK?

This quilt will be called "Kate's Flower Garden". It's for a really sweet neighbor of mine who has a spectacular flower garden, which she generously shares with me. I have beautiful cut flowers all summer long! So this is the least I can do.

How about everybody else? Get lots done? Have lots of fun? I sure did (to both questions) & can't wait to go at it again next month!

Please excuse the quality of these pictures (well, the focus mainly). We have a really nice camera but my DH had it set on some funky view-finder thing that I was having trouble with. Plus I'm just too tired from sewing to mess with cleaning up the pictures in Paint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349294[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]349295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jrr-top.jpg   10.jpg