Thread: Dog lovers
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
burchquilts

Oh , gosh! I've had a zillion different dog breeds & don't know if I could pick a "favorite". In addition to rescued mutts of every stripe, I've had poodles, a Great Dane, a St. Bernard, a Maltese, Goldens, English Cockers, a West Highland Terrier & Cock-apoos. They all had things about them that were my favorite. My childhood poodle, Rags, & our Maltese, Morgan, were the doggiest dogs I've ever owned, My Westie was a huge dog in a tiny dog's body. My Goldens were just love bugs & super protective of the kids (we couldn't even scold the kids when they were in the house!). My mutts have all had their various charms. Yankee had more personality than more people I know. But I guess if I had to pick a favorite, it would've been my blond Cocker, Baggie. We didn't know it when we got him, but he was a puppy mill reject. We thought we were helping out a family who was allergic to him. Imagine our surprise when we saw them on TV being led away in handcuffs for puppy mill violations! He was my shadow & I dunno... he was just my boy. I was devastated when a wack-o teenaged boy poinsoned him (yes, this kid drove over MN to poison dogs in WI. And yes, he got caught & got the book thrown at him. But it didn't bring my boy back). Sorry, Leo. I don't have a picture of him on my 'puter but I do have pictures of Yankee (the 1st picture) & Leo (who is hunting moles in the picture... LOL! Hearing them in their tunnels drives him NUTS!).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349346[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]349347[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails darling.jpg   july-2012-2.jpg