View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 AM
DawnFurlong

There are frequently machines listed on a yahoo group called "Sew its For Sale." I have a computerized machine (an older Janome MC 4800) but have to admit that I prefer to sew on my vintage Singer 15-91. No frills, straight stitch only, no automatic anything - but I love it - and it FMQ's beautifully. It is electric. I got it and the table it is in for $150. Many get theirs for less than that. You just have to check out the machine first to be sure all works (eventually the electrical needs to be replaced on these machines).

I did see a posting for a computerized New Home machine. My first machine was a New Home machine (it is a more basic model than this one). Still works as good as the day I got it, nice stitches, and I also used it for FMQing. Thought I would post a link/details in case this is of interest to you:

Here's a link to the Sew its For Sale site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewItsForSale/

Here is the info on the machine:

[h=2] FS New Home 31 Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine HF-3000 [/h]
[h=4]Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 pm (PDT) . Posted by:[/h] [h=3] "dblackthistle" dblackthistle [/h]
non smoking
no pets
paypal/personal check

I have an 8 year old excellent condition New Home Model 3000 sewing machine that has barely been used. It is totally computerised and is
a very nice little machine with many features. I am attaching the advertising write with its list of features. It is a great little machine for basic sewing and quilting, as it also sews horizontally.
It has been stored as a back-up machine for myself, and, as mentioned
has barely been used. In anticipation of selling it I sent it our for
cleaning and service check last month. This would also be a great machine for a student or young sewer as it is exceptionally complete, easy to thread. It also has a built in needle threader for anyone with mature eyesight.
The features are as follows:
New Home 31 Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine HF-3000
Features:
15 Needle Positions
Easy conversion to free arm
Fail-safe needle insertion
See-through bobbin cover for checking thread supply
One-hand side thread cutter
Easy lay-in threading
Horizontal spool pin for snag-free performance
Extra-high presser foot lift accommodates thick seams and bulky fabrics
SFS Superior Feed System 7-piece feed dog insures precise control of all fabrics
Free Arm for sleeves, cuffs and hard-to-reach areas
Quilting guide for parallel rows of stitches
Drop-feed for free motion applications, darning, attaching buttons
7 mm 1/4" stitch width for attractive designs
Built-in storage compartment
Halogen lamp provides bright swing area
Steady, consistent electronic speed control
Convenient carrying handle
Hard Cover
Touch Panel for stitch selection
LCD message and display screen
Computer Memory Program and combine sequences of up to 50 stitch patterns
Perfect one-step Sensor
Powerful DC motor for extra power
Built-in Needle Threader
Jam-proof
Top loading bobbin system for easy insertion, removal and cleaning
Whisper-quiet
Needle Up/Down Needle Automatically Stops Up for easy fabric removal or Down for quick pivoting your choice
Fail-safe needle insertion
Auto-declutch bobbin winding
See-through bobbin cover for checking thread supply

I am asking $175.00 plus postage. Local pickup is available also depending on your location. I am on the upper coast of Maine.

picture is in July machines folder.

diana thompson
[email protected]