View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Havplenty

well tngal did say she was being a guinea pig for this mystery. for those of you who are unhappy, i would suggest contacting craftsy with your responses and allow them the opportunity to make it right or explain to you. craftsy is a reputable site and i would think they want to uphold their reputation. i know they got more sales because the mystery box was mentioned on this site. i would let them know that also.

just as an example there was an online store with a special offering on fq mystery bundles 10 for $5.00 (their choice). it was mentioned on this board and it took hold like wildfire. we wiped them out in hours, many of us ordering multiple bundles and none of knowing what fabrics we would receive. i had investigated their site and looked at the manufacturers and fabric lines they carried and felt pretty good about my purchase. once the fabric arrived... well .... it was not what i was expecting. i believe i ordered 3 bundles and like less than a third of the patterns. i am almost sure they had another bunch of bottom of the pattern barrel fabrics from which they fetched mine. some like theirs and others didn't. it was a mystery box which means you don't really know what you are getting so i just found use for the fabrics in my swaps. one woman's horror can be another woman's treasure. when you are venturing into mystery anything (fabric, quilts, etc), you should be prepared for the ups and the downs.