Old 07-16-2012, 06:24 AM
shelrox

Thank you Marybeth, I sat yesterday and went through alot of her night shirts and house coats. Though I am a die hard cotton lover I am used mixed fabrics in these. I also have found a few little things that she in her drawers that she had made years ago and they will get worked in. I even plan on cutting a few knit shirts up that had embroidery on them and what not to add a splash of Mom to each one. Seems I have at least 6 to make and I decided that these will just be basic simple patchwork, nothing fancy. Hoping i have enough flannel to back them all with as well and I told my brother these will be lap quilts and not my usual over sized creations, normally to me a lap quilt is 70 x 80 so I have ot shrink them down. LOL

Mom had been dx'd 15 months ago and all along she wanted noone to feel sorry for her and kept saying she was fine. So I think that is where the strength is coming from, no need to be sad and cry all day long for she would not want it that way. Tears have been flowing for so long on my part for i was 530 miles away as well. So that is why I think I am so positive now.. thank you again!!

Donna

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
shelrox, I am so sorry for your loss but applaud you for your great attitude. One of the biggest sellers I have is the memory quilts I make from loved ones passing. You might want to think about adding a favorite picture or poem as well. One of my customers even sent her Mom's kitchen curtains to add to the quilt, the memories she had sitting over a cuppa coffee in her Mom's kitchen was very important to her.

we will be sending Prayers your way,

Marybeth