Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by shelrox View Post
....Mom had been dx'd 15 months ago and all along she wanted noone to feel sorry for her and kept saying she was fine. So I think that is where the strength is coming from, no need to be sad and cry all day long for she would not want it that way. Tears have been flowing for so long on my part for i was 530 miles away as well. So that is why I think I am so positive now.. thank you again!!Donna
shelrox this is how it was for my father. he and his wife passed from cancer almost within a year of each other and i was one of the primary cargivers for both and exclusively for my father. he would tell me often that death was not his enemy. so i spent my time with him in deep conversations and i took him on a bahamian cruise to watch the sunsets though he was almost too sick to go. i couldn't do anything about him leaving here, but i could take advantage of the time i had with him. i too had cried up my tears beforehand, packed in my resolve and went to the finish line with him.

i am strong because of the foundation that he was most instrumental in building for me. he did not want us feeling sorry or sad for him either. and for those who knew my father, knew he was not a sad kind of person. he was a soldier through and through and believed you got up every day and put one foot in front of the other for as long as you could.

may your strength and your memories continue to hold you fast and keep you lifted up.

btw, memory quilts are made
with mixed fiber contents because of the clothing items used to make them. all is good.

here is a site where this woman specializes in what she calls 'passage quilts'. take a look at her site and quilts as they are special. not your traditional quilts.

http://passagequilts.wordpress.com/about/
http://www.passagequilts.com/quilts-willoughby.html

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-16-2012 at 06:44 AM.