Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM
sylviak

Originally Posted by DawnA View Post
I have a brother LX2500. The top thread keeps breaking when sewing. I have adjusted the tension and rethreaded it so many times. When I pull the thread it feels like it is catching on something and you can see the thread is weakinging. This happens even when tension is turned all the way down. I have been dealing with this through my whole sewing of the baby quilt Im making. It is driving me nuts. I will not be able to finish my binding though because you need a continous stitch for that. ugggh, so frustrated. Please any ideas to help me would be much appreciated.
Try pulling the thread at different points on your threading. This may tell you where the catching is occuring. If it is at the tension disc, try cleaning between the discs. Have you tried changing needles? Sometimes a needle will have a burr the catches the thread. If it is the tension discs and cleaning doesn't help, you may need to replace the tension assembly. If you can have it checked out by a good repairman you probably should. Ask for a loaner while it is in the shop to finish your quilt. Or perhaps you could borrow a machine from a friend to finish the quilt. You probably need to get a backup machine for times like this. Although, if you lived close, I'd be happy to let you borrow one of mine.