Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Thanks for all the good suggestions - there are quite a few castles in this area so will pop along with my camera and Balmoral, the Queen's summer residence is about an hour away. They call Aberdeen the Granite City because most of the building were built from granite from a nearby quarry, so it's quite striking in sunlight (when we get any).
soozieq2 - I'll ask him if he's interested in a swap, lol

annt59- I'm tickled that you like our Snowballs, but not sure if they'd survive the journey, but will look out for something to put one in in the cooler winter.

Artsyone - I would never have thought of Salmon spread in a million years Great idea about Boots brand and Cadburys when your weather cools down.

I've got some great ideas for gifts now, with the emphasis on local &b Scottish - thnks to all.
I visited Aberdeen years ago. My SIL's husband was manager of an offshore rig in the North sea. Lovely city; we had a great time. Had dinner one night at a wonderful little restaurant: Mr. G's, I think it was. My SIL was collecting antique cheese plates/covers and she took us to yard sales where I bought a teapot. Also went to Edinburgh on the train and saw the Scott memorial and the castle and shopped along Princes Street. You've awakened some great memories in me!

Marilyn