View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Maggiemay

I have so enjoyed looking at all of the great work you have completed on this thread! I joined in when you first started & said you had inspired me to finish a flag wall hanging I had started 5 years ago. It started with a free pattern that I found online. I made the flag center then changed up the borders to my liking. Well, when the top was done, it wasn't to my liking at all! It wasn't hideous, but just kind of big & blah. So, I put it away for several years until I saw this thread in the spring & decided I needed to do something to finish it. I had hoped to have it finished before the 4th of July, but that didn't happen, but hey, what's another few weeks after it sat there unfinished for 5 years! This is what I finally came up with & I am much happier with it! Those are the first feathers I have quilted & I am quite happy with them. I used the method from Sally Terry's book "Hooked on Feathers". You can tell they are not traditional feathers, but I really like the look. I, too, have been working on my FMQ skills on my DSM. One thing I agree with everyone else on is PRACTICE! I have a lot of old drapery lining I use to practice on. Thank you again for all of the inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails photo-1-.jpg   photo-2-.jpg   photo-3-.jpg