Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
In my purse, I carry a little 'just in case' kit. It has sewing machine needles, thread, a generic bobbin with another color thread (just in case), small scissors, and a scrap of fabric. Then if I do see a machine I'm interested in, I can usually try it out. It has come in handy!! I keep a pair of tweezers in my billfold, and have for years. They come in handy for a lot of things... Have fun Charlee!!
On another note, I just got a green/white featherweight 221 today. I had to take the bobbin assembly apart some to get the finger ( or what ever it is called ) back in place at the top. At one time I lost the little screw that held the assembly together, and found it after sweeping my floor. It now runs great after oiling it all over. I need help in dating it as everywhere I look, I can't find serial numbers after EX. This one has EY 851310, and yes I looked several times to make sure it wasn't EV or EX. Does anyone know where I can date it? I got just the machine, no case, and no attachments. I paid $100.00 for it, which I thought was a good price for it. Any one have a spare case they want to sell reasonably?
Just go on over to the store and buy a little soft sided cooler on wheels and you'll be in shape - some even have little pockets in them to stash stuff.