View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Bneighbor

Cool Hello from NE Ohio

Hello for dry Ohio.
I have been sewing for almost 50 years mostly in wedding/costume (sometimes one-in-the-same) arena.
Did some quilting way back when- before rotary cutters and all the fun toys. Started back up about 6 years ago when I had a wanna-be customer nearly attack me in my driveway because I would not hem a dress for her right then. After the police got involved (nasty phone calls at midnight, sitting in front of my house, calling the city saying I "was running an illegal business in my house") I decided I was done with that line of work....over 20 years of beautiful brides and happy families, lost because of one nut case.
But now I am having so much fun!
My husband is a semi professional drag racer and owns his own business. I just left my job of 6 years as a medical data entry clerk.
We travel quite a bit during the race season, I have a machine and all the equipment needed to do piecing. Last race season I pieced 8 lap quilts and 4 wall hangings.
I have enjoyed "lurking" among such nice and very talented folks. Thank you for some fantastic inspirations.