View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Jenniky

I have my first row complete on my BOM QAYG. The first blocks I joined I machine sewed the two strips to the block then I hand sewed the a joining block. It looked nice however I was determined to try more than one way. So the next one I machine sewed both sashing strips to one side then I machine stitched one of the other sides to the opposite square. When I laid them flat they fit together smoothly. I was so pleased. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I then flipped it over and hand sewed the back closed. It really made for a beautiful finish. I went back and took out the first sash joining I did by hand and redid it with the machine so it all matches. I havent heard back from Patrice but I figure its gonna take a few days. Im sure she gets lots of emails. I have been taking pictures as I work on different parts of the process. I predict many many of my orphaned blocks are going to find a home in a QAYG. I like the process. I will be getting a lot more FMQ practice this way. It's really true though its practice practice practice and more practice. So I recommend everyone make lots of Doggie Puddle Pads or Dinner Mats whatever works for you. Ok that is my inspirational talk for the day. Now Im going to go and try to draw Mikey's Ghoulfriend.