Old 07-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Jenniky

HuntersGrammie - I also welcome you. I lived in Arizona for many years and I love it and would go back in a heartbeat if all my children and grandchildren had not migrated to the Eastern part of the U.S. We lived in Mesa and then in Gilbert which was heaven as far as I was concerned. Im a Kokopelli fan myself and have this pattern waiting in the wings as a someday project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349687[/ATTACH]

Athenagwis - When you say solids does that include tone on tones.. I always wondered if like Gray on Gray was considered a solid. I suppose not..answering my own question but I find I treat tone on tones that way. I plan on using more solids as I continue to explore FMQ. LOL right now though I find I keep looking for prints to hide uneven stitch movements. Its interesting as my learning process continues. Each project scope seems to get bigger and bigger. For example at first I just focused on what color fabric would make the pattern I was trying to attempt look pleasing. Then I started being a little more careful about what fabric prints I chose because I started to understand a bit more about the dynamics of large and small prints and of course colors. The color value of the fabric so to speak. Now when choosing fabric I also think of the quilting design that will go on the fabric as Im selecting fabrics which was something I really never considered before. I have to be honest in my life I dont think I have ever held the fascination of learning and building on ideas then since I started learning to quilt.

Have you solved the problem of how to print out your pattern yet? Im looking at purchasing a wide print printer. I ran into the same problem when I was wanting to print out the design for my Horse Block for the June Contest. I ended up redrawing pieces of my pattern on white gift wrapping tissue. Then I was able to PP the large block background that way. I then appliqued the Horse on top of the PP background. It worked out very well for me. Im very interested to know how you solve the large print PP.

Have a wonderful day Ladies

Jen
Attached Thumbnails krazykokopelli.png