Old 07-17-2012, 04:25 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Jenniky ... What a great pattern you have there, waiting in the wings. Would you call it a subtle bargello? You have my attention on it and I like how they have the black in between the colours, and yet it still lets those little kokopelli guys pop out at you. And then I see a vision of other colour combos, with a different silhouette overtop!

Printers ... I still only have a B+W laser. I keep saying I'm getting a colour inkjet, so that I can print labels, and print online patterns I find in more than greys! Large size printers can be costly and for most, I'm not sure it'd be worth the $ output for the ROI! ... what about just using Staples, Kinkos, etc. when you need a large page print out? Or the old fashioned way, of taping pages together?

About the fabrics ... I think what you're talking about is TOT reads like a solid!
There's also, small prints which I was always told were called "nothing prints" that have more than one colour, that read like a solid. A lot of people seem to refer to them and the TOTs as blenders.

Reads like a solid ... the idea being that you step back, and you basically see a solid, yet with the different colours or tones in it you get some depth and movement that you don't get with the flatness of true solids.

Some favourites that I've seen and used ... If you take a look at my FWS sashings/borders you can see Krystal by Michael Miller. There's umpteen different colours in that line. Another line that has several different designs are Fusions by Robert Kaufman, and within each of the designs are umpteen colours, and some with over a hundred choices! They're great possibilities, as there can be several tones/tints/shades of one colour, not just a take it or leave it, here's the one and only green! Fusions Mist are my PC borders and cornerstones.

There's several Marbles around. Stonehenge have some good blender fabrics too. And another bunch within Stonehenge that I re one and in betweens, sometime all within a colour family eg. all beige/browns, or mixed, eg. blue/greens. They can be really effective and give such a different look. And oh, don't forget batiks for TOT/blenders that can provide wow-power amidst non-batiks.

I've learned so much about these types of fabrics since I came to the QB and keep learning. Then there's "Colour" that keeps me stymied and mystified! I totally do not understand that part of sewing and how to make it all work together. I have a long long way to go.

For it all, the more I learn, the more I want to learn and then I discover how much I don't know! So I learn some more. Then Repeat!!

I know I have a long way to go. I am a true WIP!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-17-2012 at 04:28 AM.