Thread: Hooray studio!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM
shayzamn

Default Hooray studio!

We moved back in November, and this month FINALLY got the quilting studio (well, SEWING studio, since we do costuming, too) up and organized. It's now getting along to comfortable - all we need is a comfy chair or two to fill out the space and we're good.

Behind the blue doors (which were painted with chalkboard paint) are the fabrics for costuming. The quilting materials are stored on shelves on the other side of the room. Most of the tubs tucked under tables now are gone, since they are FINALLY empty. The exception is one under the cutting table that holds little scraps. I have a quilt planned for some future time that will require little scraps, so I am keeping them. Those that are too small go in string bags outside for the birds to steal for their nests.

We actually have two cutting areas - one low that can be seen in the picture, and one higher one for my taller studio-mate!

This is a converted garage - there's space for all our machines, including the mid-arm we just got last month (From a quilter on Craigslist who was not going to quilt anymore. Proves that driving 2 hours to get a machine isn't a bad thing!) I'll try to have pics of the quilting fabrics up soon.

But I am proud of our studio. It's now cat-free. As much as I love our cats, they can get into trouble, and I have guests who are allergic, so this is the best solution.

Shayzamn
Attached Thumbnails studio-wide.jpg