View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
I am just in the middle of totally redesigning my studio and will post pics when I am finished - moving furniture out today to paint and everything is in piles upon piles. a slow process sorting through years of "crap"
I am hoping to make room for a few more of my machines and maybe finally bring home my great grandmothers Singer VS2 fiddlebase treadle to work on.

...just a suggestion to the multiple featherweight owners - a woman that works with my hubby at the antique mall found one at a country sale for $10 a few years ago - she doesn't even know how to thread it, let alone sew with it....she thought it was cute and uses it as a night light on the bookcase in her hallway....so if you have extras or need a couple of night lights might be a reason to go shopping :-)

I am looking for another FW myself for my daughter to take overseas - she has been posted to the Canadian consulate in Islamabad Pakistan (((sigh))) and wants something light to ship in her sealift.

Love seeing everyones picsi

Joann
If you don't find a FW, remember the 301 is only about 5# heavier and has that wonderful carrying handle built in. I think it's cool she wants to bring a sewing machine. I bet that doesn't happen often, she should be popular. So hard to see our young people go to dangerous parts of the world. May you both have peace and safety while you are apart.