Thread: Tote for Alyssa
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:21 AM
mamatobugboo

My girlfriends' and I go to brunch once every 3 or 4 weeks and have been for about a year. When we first started, we thought we would try a different place each time, until we tried 3 Squares, a new place in my town. Well, after we had Alyssa as our waitress, we've been back each time for the past 12 months - always in her section!

She is a great girl - mid- 20s probably, fun, spunky, cute....she knows us, remembers our stories, has met our kids, even reserves our table for us because she remembers when we are to come in.

Well, her last day was on Friday (she's moving back to Seattle) and we came (to a reserved table, of course!) to have our last brunch with her. We decided to give her a gift so I made her a tote using that ultra firm fusible stuff and fabric I had in my stash, plus doubled ribbon for the handle. We filled it with goodies - I with candy, gum and a few magazines for the road trip, stationary from one of us and 3 square (for the 3 Squares restaurant) candle holders from the other one of us.

She cried and had to walk around the restaurant showing it to everyone! It was wonderful. We will miss her TERRIBLY and pray that she will remember us as we will remember her!

inside pockets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49183[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8414.jpe   attachment-8415.jpe   attachment-49183.jpe