Old 07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
J Miller

OK, I took some pics for illustration purposes:

Here is what I have.

They are all capable of doing what I want, but each has something I don't like about it.
>The one on the left is great for flat surfaces. But if you try to do decorative stitches over seams as I'm doing, it balks at it.
>The center one is the new style and works pretty good, you can see through it, but it doesn't fit the shank right. It fits such that the foot is off to the left enough to cause trouble in some machines. I've got a bunch of these in slant and low shank and most are that way.
>The one on the right is the old style Singer narrow adapter snap on foot. It works but the foot wiggles and twists on the adapter to the point it looks like it's pigeon toed. That also makes it hard to keep a straight stitch. I have several of this type of snap on adapters and this type of foot seems to do this with all of them.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT:

This sample came from my Alden and remains there. It just flat out works well on irregular surfaces. It has a 7 mm wide slot so it will work with all of my Slant Shank and other ZZ machines.
If I could find a foot, or feet made like this for the Slant Shank Singers I'd be tickled pink!

I've checked with my favorite good store, Sew-Classic and they don't have anything for Slant Shank machines like what I want.

Pat,
That is an idea, but could I get it smooth enough that it wouldn't grab the material or threads? I've had rough and worn feet do just that. Don't want to create my own problems.

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 07-17-2012 at 11:23 AM.