Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Default It's "NATIONAL CLEAN THE BOBBIN AREA DAY" nah just do it anyway...

Ok. So. What brought this on? I just picked up 3 machines I won on Goodwill Auction. I usually give them a once over when I get them. Each machine had impacted feed dogs and the bobbin area full of thick link. One machine had the bobbin area apart - I sucked in a deep breath until I found all the pieces. Well, that isn't going to happen to you now is it. You aren't going to send a perfectly good machine to Goodwill just because you don't know how to clean the gunk out before the machine quits. NOPE not any more. Here is the secret way to do it. (Well it isn't a secret - all you have to do is look in the manual...) OH and before we go any farther you must - YOU MUST pledge to go clean your bobbin area and feed dogs before reading any more on this computer... if you just laughed and spewed coffee all over the key board you can clean it up later. This is IMPORTANT. Now finish reading an GO I said GO clean that bobbin area. After that you are allowed to brag about it on here. Yes please post that you did it. At least clean one of your machines... The one you used last. I already did. Just for you. Here goes. Oh and it takes LESS than 5 minutes.

1) UNPLUG THE MACHINE um most of you knew that - if you have a treadle machine you can skip this step - just be careful to keep away from the treadle ok?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349807[/ATTACH]

2) POSITION THE MACHINE SO THAT YOU CAN ACCESS THE BOBBIN EASILY. This is the hard part - some of these machines are HEAVY. (HINT: The bobbin is usually somewhere under the machine.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349808[/ATTACH]

Terrible Warning - I'm not done yet do not post unless you already cleaned your bobbin area.
Attached Thumbnails cleaning-bobbin-area-002.jpg   cleaning-bobbin-area-003.jpg