Thread: Quirky Habits
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Took a while. All the while saying "I do that!" One exception, the TP HAS to roll off the bottom!!!! You are all WRONG about that one! LOL I can only think of one thing I do that wasn't listed here, and it came to me as I am typing this. I cannot post on a thread until I have read the entire thing, first. And since I have a horrible memory, I usually can't post then cause as I was reading I thought of things to say, but by the time I am done I can't think of any of them. LOL The only dishwasher I have is my DH. And he does the cooking and cleaning. I cannot convince him not to wash my delicates and Light/Bright tops in with his jeans, so now I keep that stuff separate and when I have enough for a load, I throw them in myself. My DGD doesn't want any of her food touching and uses no condiments on anything.And I won't eat anything slimey. Mushrooms, onions greenpeppers, cooked tomatoes.............. And I think the right brain thing is absolutely dead on. But I think it causes me to be a slob!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!! LOL I hope everyone keeps this thread going for a bit, it is fun to read.
Finally! Someone who understands the CORRECT way to hang toilet paper! LOL! And your DGD is a woman after my own heart. My food CANNOT touch & I only eat one thing at a time.

Another "quirk" I didn't even think about is the handles on my pans. DH leaves a small pan on the stove that he heats water in every day (it reminds me of when my DS was little & I kept a little pan of water on the stove to warm bottles in). He just leaves the handle sticking out any ol' way. NO! The handle needs to be turned into the middle of the stove. I think I got in that habit when my kids were little so they wouldn't grab a handle & spill something hot on themselves but it's still with me & it drives me nuts!

Also, the dog's toys all have to be in his toy basket when I go to bed. My sewing? It can be drug out from end of the house to the other, but the dog's toys need to be tidy. Yes, I'm certifiable!