Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM
irishrose

The new scale is consistent with more than one weighing - I've tried on the Dr's digital one to get a better number and it never works. Yesterday with it's first use, it didn't match the old scale. It's the fat percentage I don't want to see.

My visiting GD is ill. She ran a temp of 102 all night before her open house (Sunday) and had to go anyway as the guest of honor. Her stepmother thinks strep - no throat spots, just a sore throat, so i don't think so. Her father thinks flu and I think cat allergy - she has severe asthma and her Michigan family has two cats. She was fine here with the dogs and became ill there. The temp is gone, the throat is less sore, but today her hands broke out in a rash. Of course, she went to a small amusement park and drove go carts in a heat advisory. The humidity is terrible and it was in the mid 90s. As long as there's no temp and her breathing is okay, her dad and I want to just keep a watch - he did say no more outdoor activities for the rest of today. AC only. Poor guy, trying to be a mother from 8 hours away. The throat has to be better as she can eat and drink. I had given her some Chloraseptic lozenges, but I pulled those in case she's allergic to the benzacaine. Her mother who is in Albuquerque thinks sinus infection. That one is a definite no. M's hands hurt - it's a little strange.

Di, don't you hate when you find out things on Facebook that your daughter could have called and told you? I have a couple who tell me after they have surgery so I don't worry. Grrrr.

No worry about zucchini recipes here - the rabbits ate the plants to the ground just as the baby zucchinis were developing. I made a salad Sunday with green beans, raw zucchini, red pepper, Vidalia onion and celery with olive oil/basil/garlic/sugar dressing. If you left out the GBs, it would use a few Zs. I like zucchini, yellow squash and onions steamed with a little butter and Italian seasoning. That uses a lot because it cooks down so with the water content. Grate it and freeze it for muffins - they can be healthier than cake, but yummy with a few chocolate chips added. Oh, oh, this is making me hungry and I have already eaten my mini gingersnaps.

Goodnight. Back to my scrappy quilt.