View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Mollie'sMom ... I'm sad for you too! I hope that in those windows that you are including some "real" pics of the two of you and your life story together ... and not just fabrics symbolic of how your lives have been intertwined.

Just remember, tears are good for both of you, and help with the acceptance of what's to come. Bless you for doing such a thoughtful gift for your friend. Be sure to continue to share some special times together and not just live with the memories!!

HavPlenty
... Each person faces the reality of what "is" in different ways. In my earlier comments, I tried to emphasize it was JIMHO, the way I wanted to be treated if/when, although I was also trying to represent those who felt the same, and were not part of the discussion. I felt I was going into dangerous territory with my first comment, though it seems there are several others here that are of like minds.

Too, I said my comments were with no disrespect for others of the opposite thinkings. It's important we remember we may all face challenges in different ways. I did suggest to be sure to take into account the recipient's wishes, mindset, etc. and yes, if they want the symbolisms by all means do it!

I too know many who have been ambassadors before, during and after treatments, doing so for various reasons. I also know some that were more like me and were not interested in the symbolic representations ... and later became ambassadors, etc. Not to worry, they are good friends, and I have not rejected them.

No, I have not been inflicted, though I have walked the journey side-by-side with many. And shared in the many different emotions and thoughts on this issue. So I somewhat have been there.

We each need to remember that we are all unique individuals, with our own individual ideas and ideals. Thank goodness!!!

We each need to ensure that those who are suffering with any diseases and the treatments, that it is all done, handled, managed in "their" way and not the way we ourselves think it should be!! Let us not lose sight of that!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-18-2012 at 04:52 AM.