Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Hilary K8, The Farmers Wife Sampler quilt is the first one that leader Honchey lead us through and the thread is on QB and people are still viewing it along with tips for each week when the goal was 2 per week. Some of us are still trying to finish and post on that thread; mine is ready for the Long Arm Quilter now. I learned a lot from this group...even though I was self-taught with bad habits, they taught me on this board how to do it right.

The Farmers Wife Pony Club is based on Laura's second book by that title. Thus we have this thread. If you have enough patience and persistence, you 'can' attitude, with hints on the threads of QB, you can do the blocks. Des Moines, Iowa, Creekside Quilt Shop started the lessons in their shop, and many other Local Quilt Shops also give lessons and help.

The fabric you choose is whatever you like; as you look through the thread on QB, you will see that we each chose a different path with the weekly blocks. Not all was perfect, in my case, but highly enjoyable. Frustration ruled a bit in the learning process, but we forged ahead to the finish or almost there. You never know your limits until you try, and always ask questions...and keep asking until you are satisfied with the answers.