Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
HilaryK8

The only reason I feel like it may not be a tension problem is because it only happened in two areas. I did stop and start a few times because my nephew was here and my MIL was here and I was trying to tune them out and focus on my quilting. It's possible the foot wasn't down although it's hard to tell with the darning foot (is that what it's called?)

I did practice on a fabric sandwich and I wanted to never FMQ ever again. LOL. It is WAY harder than it looks. My hands were slipping all over the fabric and I didn't have those sticky gloves. I tried putting grippy socks on my hands to see if that helped. LOL. That's a big negative. I just looked silly and it wasn't the right type of sticky to grip fabric. With a day or two of practice I felt confident enough to try it on my project. It looks okay from the front... for my first time. It's just two little areas on the back that look a hot mess.

Thanks for your ideas ladies. I may finish up this week so I'll post a pic when it's all put together and fixed!