View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 AM
callie8799

thank you all to help out these lost/forgotten/unwanted animals... I myself have caught, fixed and rehomed 10 cats in the past year & half- thank goodness to these low cost clinics.

I really want to know why can't the vets charge less to spay/neuter? why the $300 +? If they were more affordable, then we won't be having such a huge population of unwanted animals. doesnt' this make sense? My feral fixed cats had no problems with their surgeries like my 2 cats that were "fixed" at the reg vets. greed i tell you...

talk about spoiled kitties- our postman wrote us a note back in the winter -thanking us for what we do (he has seen the kittens/cats) and nominated MommaGirl as the most spoiled feral in the area... my husband took all of our patio cushions (I had to replace them -ouch $)piled them up and hung a heat lamp for MommaGirl during the winter months. I am not allowed to use the downstairs bathroom for he doesn't want her to run away for her spot is right outside the window( I do use the bathroom)- but she is a spoiled princess. she is scared of everyone else, but when she sees my husband- you can't get her to shut up or stop rolling.

word of warning (stop reading if you can be squeamish): do NOT advertise kittens/cats if they are black or partly black on the net for FREE. alot of people take these, sell them on the black market to owners of exotic pets... this was shared with me by multiple animal caregivers (vets and rescue groups who do not interact with each other) Charge a good amount of $ then donate it to a rescue group- the high cost will deter alot of these ruthless, soulless creeps.