View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Tammi,

If your DH is "taken with this machine", I'm flat slobbering over it. That is a gorgeous haul if ever I saw one.
With all the Singers we have we don't have a single singer oil bottle. Nor do we have a Singer Slant Stitch button holler in the pink egg case.
The set up you have there is what I'd like to do with my 401A.

As far as buttons go, I've been sewing my own on for decades. I put 'em on so they don't, wont, can't come off. Seriously.

Joe
It's funny, he's more interested in the machines because of the "technology". They're fascinating to him from an engineering stand point. For instance, I learned from him that sewing machines had camshafts before cars did. The rocketeers though, for some reason he's been talking about those since he first saw a picture of one. He was so happy I had reassembled the cabinet already (picked it up in the mustang, took a little dis-assembly to do it, but it made it home), and set it up. LOL!

It's not without it's challenges though. When I removed the machine from the carry case, I saw the two washers and screws. When I removed the screws, I realized one of the "washers" I was holding was a tension disk. There was a look of horror at the machine, til I saw all 3 are where they belong. I think. It may be a little fun to get her tension set right, if that one belongs, and I have a washer in the tension assembly.

I can probably send you an oil can... they seem to be like bunnies here for some reason. At first, I was having trouble finding them. Bought the only two I'd seen, and the next 4 machines came with a total of 7 between them!!

I mentioned to the DH that this machine had officially cured me of shopping for goodies for the machines. I -just- bought a 10 pack of class 66 bobbins, cos I only had a few....

I have a funny feeling I'll just get tired of him hitching his work pants up and sew them on, but maybe I can sneak a lesson in and show him how easy it is for a rocketeer to do it...

Originally Posted by lillybeck View Post
Where in the world do you keep all of these machines?
Hey Lilly, I finally got a chance to post in the Vintage Machines and Displays thread. Believe it or not, they're so far all still in my sewing room. (http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post5374272)

Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
That is a gorgeous Rocketter!!! I'd make room for it too.
Originally Posted by harrishs View Post
I wish my Rocketeer looked so good! Congratulations!
Thank you thank you!

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
OMG, I had to run and get a towel to soak up the slobber. Congrats Tammi. Sure hope you can get your DH away from that sewing machine so you can give her a test drive.
LOL! No problem, he'll oogle it from afar, and suggest "projects" for me to do. To relax, of course.