Thread: Aurifil Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by KR View Post
After reading all the comments here I finally bought a spool of Aurifil. Well! It only took sewing a few seams to fall in love with this thread! It just FEELS good! And I can almost hear my sweet Brother say, "thank you.....now go get rid of all that cheap thread you have in the drawer!" Thanks QBers for all your raves about this thread!
I'm glad you like it. I started using it a few years ago because I couldn't get my blocks to be the right size. My teacher checked my cutting and seams and they were right. She then suggested this thread because of it being only two ply it makes a difference when you have several seams in a block. I was amazed at how my blocks were turning out after I started them. I used it to do cross-hatchin on fabric that I quilted for a jacket and I had no problems with it. I have the viking mega quilter and the viking rep said they recommend this thread for it. I never have to touch my settings and I love the fact that there is low lint too. Save the cheap thread incase you want to practice FMQ or something that doesn't require having the good stuff in it. Like maybe even just basting or something like that.