View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM
QuilterMomma

I have entered several fairs and quilt shows. They qualify Novelty as a fabric print type. That category may be the better one otherwise I say the pieced. Yes, it is an original, but that category generally gets more art type quilts. At least this is my opinion on where I would put it. I love it and looks wonderful and is making me hungry, time for lunch here in the pacific area. Also, if the judge thinks it should go in another category, they will put it there for you. See, you can't mess up and it looks like a winner to me.
Originally Posted by Nanachar View Post
Once again QuilterMomma you are a great inspiration to all of us!

Here is a question I would like to post....looking for opinions. I am entering my "Canning Jar Quilt" into the County Fair. In looking at the registration form I must pick a category for it. They are: 1. Novelty, 2. Original, or 3. Pieced. I'm not sure what the "Novelty" category would be? Anyone know? Or, would it be considered an "Original"? I had seen a canning jar quilt a few years back, BUT I did not have a pattern, I drafted mine from memory and the outer border was my idea; a way to use up the left over scraps of fabric. So, what do you think, I really need help with this. I have been quilting for years, but I don't usually enter contests. My grandkids who are 4H'ers (they raise hogs and dairy goats) have talked me into entering the quilt and a baking and cooking contest......we've really had a lot of fun testing recipes. Well to get back on topic.....I have attached a photo of the quilt as a reminder of what it looks like.[ATTACH=CONFIG]349925[/ATTACH]